What are the benefits of being authentic and vulnerable?
Listen to Real Men Feel, #140, “That’s What a Man Does” here:
Inspirational speaker, author, combat veteran, and dog trainer, Ryan Matthews discusses reshaping what a man does by experiencing the healing power of sharing your trauma to grow and help others.
“I had been a boy in a man body for most of my life.” ~Ryan Matthews
Ryan shares a wide range of experiences ranging from being a drug dealer to training elite Army K-9s, to multiple near-death experiences, and realizing his tough guy, machismo act wasn’t really him. This episode is chock full of authenticity, awareness, vulnerability, and dogs.
Topics and Questions Include:
- The desire to isolate.
- How did you get started training dogs?
- Having a million-dollar business, but feeling like a failure.
- You’ve had multiple near-death experiences, were they all variations on the same lesson?
- Why share your pain?
- How did you open up to your feminine side?
- Ryan’s song, “That’s What a Man Does.”
- What are the benefits of being authentic?
- Why do so many men resist being seen as vulnerable?
- Life lessons from dogs.
- Tell us about your first TEDx Talk experience, “Overcoming PTSD Using Dog Training Techniques.”
- The RCTR formula.
- Do you prefer hanging out with dogs or people?
- What is one thing you wish more men knew?
- What are you proud of?
Watch Real Men Feel, #140, That’s What a Man Does, July 24, 2019
“What I thought made me a man, wasn’t necessarily true.” ~Ryan Matthews
Visit Ryan’s site, WorldOfDogTraining.com
Connect with Ryan on Facebook
Let us know what you thought here in the comments or shoot an email to [email protected].
Subscribe to the podcast at RealMenFeel.org/iTunes
Like the Real Men Feel show on Facebook facebook.com/realmenfeelshow
Scroll down to the author bio for all the links to access more #RealMenFeel
A version of this post was previously published on RealMenFeel.org and is republished here with permission from the author.
If you believe in the work we are doing here at The Good Men Project and want to join our calls on a regular basis, please join us as a Premium Member, today.
All Premium Members get to view The Good Men Project with NO ADS.
A $50 annual membership gives you an all-access pass. You can be a part of every call, group, class, and community.
A $25 annual membership gives you access to one class, one Social Interest group, and our online communities.
A $12 annual membership gives you access to our Friday calls with the publisher, our online community.
Register New Account
Need more info? A complete list of benefits is here.
Photo courtesy of Ryan Matthews