Susanna, BritMums Co-Founder, dons a moustache in support for Movember.
Movember can make the difference in men’s health, transforming the way health services reach and support men. Most of all, Movember is a cause that everyone can get behind. The charities that it supports address issues that affect millions of men along with their families and friends. And now, women and families can participate more than ever, by donning their own (fake) moustache, being part of the host and move initiative (read on for more info!), donating with Gillette and spreading the word.
At our Gillette #Grow4aBro chat we’re talking about the fun ways that women and families can actively participate in Movember, support the men in their lives to #Grow4aBro and draw attention to the causes that Movember supports: prostate cancer, testicular cancer and mental health & suicide prevention. Since 2003, Movember has funded more than 1,250 men’s health projects around the world. The chat is sponsored by Gillette UK, which donates directly to the cause across the course of November when you buy a Gillette Fusion Starter Pack and the Gillette Fusion Proglide Styler from Tesco.
Gillette is the UK’s number one male grooming brand and it has been Movember’s official Shave Care partner since 2012. Every year, Gillette successfully campaigns to spread the word to its own audience and beyond to highlight just how critical the work Movember undertakes is. Gillette aims to encourage men to support one another in raising awareness of men’s health.
Jennifer, BritMums Co-Founder: What’s your Movember moustache personality?
You can get involved in the chat and Movember:
- Don a fake moustache to show how everyone can #Grow4aBro (use a fluffy stick-on version, hold up a cut-out, or even use your hair to create one) and share your picture or video via social media using the #Grow4aBro hashtag
- Host and Move to help the cause alongside men: Host a fundraising dinner or game night with your friends or move through sponsored runs or walks
- Buy a Gillette razor pack from Tesco, where 1 pack = 1 donation, and spread the word so others know as well
- Encourage families to support the men in their lives who #Grow4aBro
- Tweet, retweet and comment with the #Grow4aBro tag & join us on Wednesday 6 November!
HOW TO TAKE PART AND JOIN IN
Tweet on Wednesday 6 November 2019 between 13:00 – 14:00 GMT your stories why Movember is important to you and encouragement for everyone (women and kids too!) to get actively involved with Movember, including sharing pictures wearing your ‘moustache’!
4 lucky winners, chosen at random, will win a £50 Gillette voucher.
- Wednesday 6 November 2019 13:00 – 14:00 GMT
- Prize: 1 of 4 £50 Gillette vouchers
- Follow @BritMums and @GilletteUK
- Tweet about Movember, why it’s important to you and how you can get involved
BritMums is the UK’s original collective of lifestyle bloggers and digital influencers, fueling the country’s most influential social content. We lead the online conversation with members who are parent social influencers creating content on topics ranging from food, parenting, travel, politics, style and more.