A contemporary examination of male friendship, masculinity, isolation, community, and legacy.
Editors Note: Kevin Gilligan reached out to us to share his work. We’d like to share it with you.
Just found your site this am. Terrific stuff.
I’d like to share a powerful 18th month multi-faceted project on men that I exhibited recently called “Developing Men”.
Developing Men is a “Contemporary examination of male friendship, masculinity, isolation, community and legacy.”
It included 30 portraits of men, written word, and a documentary exploring the above issues from the perspective of a wide variety of men ages late 30’s to 80’s.
Developing Men was exhibited at the Resn Art Gallery in Hermosa Beach in October of 2019. It was also featured in UCLA’s alumni magazine and distributed nationwide digitally.
I hope you enjoy it. If you’d like to feature it for others to see, that’d be great.
It was an incredible learning experience to hear from these 15 men.
The doc is a little rough. I’ve been a part time pro photographer for over 10 years, this was my first foray into a doc.
There is some GREAT wisdom in the words conveyed!
If you believe in the work we are doing here at The Good Men Project and want to join our calls on a regular basis, please join us as a Premium Member, today.
All Premium Members get to view The Good Men Project with NO ADS.
Need more info? A complete list of benefits is here.
Your ANNUAL PLATINUM membership includes:
1. Free and UNLIMITED ACCESS to participate in ANY of our new Social Interest Groups. We have active communities of like-minded individuals working to change the world on important issues. Weekly facilitated calls that lead to the execution of real-world strategies for change. Complete schedule above, with new ones starting all the time. We now offer 500 calls a year!
2. Free and UNLIMITED ACCESS to ALL LIVE CLASSES. Learn how to build your own platform, be a better writer, become an editor, create social change. Check out our training sessions. As a Platinum member, you can take them all.
3. Invitation to the MEMBERS ONLY Good Men Project Community on Facebook. Connect with other members, network and carry the conversation no one else is having one step further.
4. Access to our PREMIUM MEMBER LIBRARY with our recorded ConvoCasts and classes. ConvoCasts are a new form of media—and you are in them! Only Platinum Members get access to our recordings. And recordings of our classes are really valuable for those who do not have time to take the live classes or just want to review.
5. An ad-free experience.No banner, pop-up, or video ads when you log in.
6. Weekly conference calls with the publisher and other community members. Our weekly calls discuss the issues we see happening in the world of men in a friendly group setting.
7. PLATINUM member commenting badge. Your comments on our website will appear with a platinum member badge, signifying you are a part of our core community.
Price for ANNUAL PLATINUM membership is NOW JUST $12 PER YEAR (regularly $50/year).
If you believe in the work we are doing here at The Good Men Project, please join like-minded individuals in The Good Men Project Premium Community.
We have pioneered the largest worldwide conversation about what it means to be a good man in the 21st century. Your support of our work is inspiring and invaluable.
JOIN OUR FACEBOOK GROUP FOR WRITERS
Meet and network with others, get writing prompts and tips, get reminders and topics for our group call. Join our Writers Group on Facebook for details.
stock photo ID: 1694132230