Boys at the age of 11 years are at the threshold of the pre-teen stage. Hence, this is the time they can enjoy the small-boy toys, along with aspirational teenage and complex toys. Whether it is their birthday or any other crucial event in their life, gifts for 11-year-old boys can range within a huge variety.
In this post, MomJunction has compiled a list of the best toys and gifts you can consider giving an 11-year-old boy.
12 Best Toys For 11-Year-Old Boys
1. LEGO Technic 42072 Building Kit With Pull Back Toy Stunt Car
The high-speed LEGO Whack Technic 42072 is a crash car model, which makes it a cool gift for an 11-year-old boy. Boys, who love cars and aspire to get hold onto some stunt car models, will be super thrilled with this toy. The STEM car has a strong pull-back motor, a front bumper, with black rims and low-profile tires. The best part is the toy engine that pops out when the cars crash. I
2. Engino Discovering STEM Structures Constructions & Bridges
If your young lad is into building and constructing toys, then there isn’t any gift other than this to stimulate his creativity skills. One of the good presents for an 11-year-old boy, the Engino guides with step-by-step instruction to assist in constructing buildings and bridges. With nine models, including a suspension bridge, Truss bridge, house, etc., the six pages experimental activities and assembling details are enough to keep your boy busy.
3. 4M 5576 Table Top Robot
Considered to be a good birthday gift for an 11-year-old boy, the Table Top Robot is a toy to teach eleven-year-old about the concept of basic robotics by assisting them in constructing a working robot crab. The funny robotic crab scuttles, performs acrobatic tricks and changes direction. The robotic crab requires AAA batteries to perform these cool tricks and keep you 11-year-old engaged for hours!
4. Razor A Kick Scooter
Amongst all the popular toys for 11-year-olds, a scooter is one of the most exciting one. While it gives the thrill of speed, it matches the excitement of a drive as well. Made up of good quality aluminum, this kick scooter is quite lightweight and durable. In fact, it’s quite handy and portable as well, as it gets folded for easy carry and storage between rides. It has adjustable handlebars, rear-fender brake, and urethane wheels for a firm ride.
5. Klutz Lego Gadgets Science & Activity Kit
If your boy loves LEGO, then it’s one of the best gifts for an 11-year-old boy. This LEGO gadget promotes STEM by helping the kid build 11 different machines, which go up higher the ladder in terms of complexity. It contains 58 LEGO pieces, which are sufficient enough to stimulate creativity.
6. PROGRACE Kids Digital Video HD Action Camera 1080P
This waterproof digital camera comes with a 1.77-inch LCD screen and has a mini video camera for recordings. The camera has a capacity of 1080P/30fps videos and 5MP photos, with built-in 40 photo frames, seven video color modes, 4X digital zoom, burst shooting, and time-lapse photo mode. The camera is highly durable, and the battery supports 1.5 hours of video recording.
7. Joyjam’s RC Stunt Car With 2.4Ghz Remote Control
A fancy stunt car that makes 360 spins and flips is every 11-year-old’s fascination. This is a suitable and cool gift for an eleven-year-old, who is all about cars. It features a maximum speed of 12 km/hr and is adept at quick turning and rotation. It uses 2.4 GHz spectrum technology and elastic anti-slip hollow tire, with deep concave and convex friction for a good grip. The body of the car is durable, made with ABS plastic, and comes with a rechargeable battery.
8. Toyk LED Hover Soccer Ball
Nothing beats this LED hover soccer ball for your soccer enthusiasts. This mini soccer toy floats and glides across all kinds of surfaces. The best part is the flashing LED lights allowing the child to play even outdoors in the dark. Made of non-toxic plastic, this hover soccer ball has a foam edge, making it flexible and safe.
9. Aikmi Walkie Talkies With 2-Way Radio
If you wish to gift a non-gadget gift, then this walkie-talkie is a cool toy. The walkie-talkies are durable with survival bracelets, making it suitable for all kinds of outdoor activities. It features 22 channels and a three-mile range to keep the communication lines private, yet clear. For its small size, good volume, long-distance capacity, and battery life, it’s a sure shot toy for your boys to stay busy outdoors.
10. Flipslide Game, Standard
It is a puzzle game for children who love puzzles. This fast-paced puzzle game involves flipping and sliding to match the lights is a fun-filled game. It can be carried anywhere outside or even played inside. It can be played in speed mode, multiplayer mode, level, and memory mode. The game includes a one flipside console with instructions and batteries.
11. Threeking Programmable Smart Sensing Robot
This smart sensing robot will keep boys engaged and entertained for hours. The robot comes with the features of gesture control, patrol and obstacle avoidance, singing, dancing, intellectual programming, auto display, and LED lights. The robot has flexible multi-joint in shoulders, elbows, and thumbs, along with skating wheels to bring about its smooth movements. It comes with a battery life of two hours.
12. TipTop Toys 361 Pcs Construction Engineering Kit
The 361 pieces of this kit can be used to create a dump truck or an airplane. The building action improves hand-eye coordination, critical thinking, problem-solving skills, and creativity. Also, the pieces are durable, made with non-toxic ABS plastic parts, and can be subjected to a certain amount of pressure comfortably.
11 Best Gifts For 11-Year-Old Boys
1. Melissa & Doug Scratch Art Box of Rainbow Mini Notes
The art box of mini rainbow notes has 125 small colorful paper notes, which can be used to jot notes, make doodles, and fun illustrations. This is a good birthday gift for an 11-year-old who loves to doodle. Also, if he is into crafts, then it helps in his arts and crafts homework, for putting things like notes on notice board or collage.
2. Smart Circuits by SmartLab Toys
This game is all about building gadgets and games with lights, sounds, and sensors. Modular system and microprocessor assist in customizing your electronic builds in 3D with snap-together boards. It contains a speaker, battery pack, light sensor, tricolor LED array, tilt switch, variable resistor, two push-buttons, six modular boards, 31 jumper wires, and an instruction booklet. It’s a cool toy to teach eleven-year-olds the basics of electronics.
3. Level 11 Unlocked T-Shirt
Good birthday gifts for an eleven-year-old boy also include custom-made T-shirts like this one. It talks about his transition to “stage 11” of his life. The T-shirt is made from 100% cotton material and is available in different colors. The shirt comes in a classic fit, double-needle sleeve, and bottom hem.
4. Adventure Kidz – Outdoor Exploration Kit
This adventure kit is suitable for outdoor play. It contains shock-resistant and non-slip binoculars, flashlight with bright LED lights, a compass for locating positions on maps, and a large magnifying glass for satiating the curious mind. With a fox whistle included, this activity box is good for camping trips or any other outings.
5. The Boys’ Book of Survival – How to Survive Anything, Anywhere
For the inquisitive and adventurous boy, this book of survival is going to be a good present. This book is perfect to guide a young lad, who loves adventure in the wilderness. The solutions are written in a manner for young boys to understand, and hence an 11-year-old boy will enjoy reading this book.
6. Playz Kaboom! Explosive Combustion Science Lab Kit
It helps a child learn about STEM. There are 25 experiments, which are quite fun and diverse, touching upon all crucial skills. From making rockets out of a chemical reaction or a balloon, fizzy bombs, making explosive bags to creating a color explosion, this activity kit has an elaborate lab guide to teach the kids all.
7. 4M Tin Can Robot DIY Science Construction Stem Toy
Quite a popular toy for 11-year-olds, this DIY Tin can robot by 4M helps teach kids about the value of recycling by repurposing or reusing a can. The reusing of a can to create a fun and functional robot is not just useful, but also creative because it doesn’t require any special skills. All one needs is a used soda can and attach the parts that come in the set to create a silly motorized robot, which runs on AA batteries.
8. eYotto Kids Sports Multi-Function Analog Digital Wristwatch
Sports kids watch, which can adjust the date, time, week, alarm, dual time freely, is an exciting birthday present for an eleven-year-old boy. This can make the young boy feel independent enough to manage time and perform his tasks in a timely way. The 50M waterproof watch is suitable for swimming as well as a range of outdoor activities. It has a soft rubber wrist band with an elastic PU cover to shield the watch against scratches.
9. Activ Life Fun Kid’s Flying Rings
A fun-filled birthday present, these active flying rings are good for outdoor sports. The unique design and the weight, which is just 33 grams, makes the flying rings lightweight and easy to be caught by the smallest of hands. These are even suitable to play on the water as the rings float.
10. Sillbird STEM Solar Robot Toys
The 190-piece DIY building science experiment kit can make 12 types of robots. Powered by a solar panel, the robot is driven with gears to make the machine run smoothly. This construction kit is good for teaching kids about dexterity, logical thinking, and problem-solving skills. There is an elaborate instruction guide to provide step-by-step guidance to the construction of models.
11. Toysmith Giant Rocket Balloon Set
These fun rocket balloons can be inflated with the help of the dual air-way pump, to be released into the sky for that ecstatic festive and fun feel. These can be reused after every flight, for continued entertainment. It’s not just a fun gift, but a creatively stimulating experience to air pump and release colorful balloons into the sky.
How To Choose The Right Toys And Gifts For 11-Year-Old Boys?
Choosing birthday presents can get a little bit of a task. The following traits of kids will help you to decide what could be good presents for 11-year-old boys.
- Outdoorsy kid: If one loves to spend his time outdoors, then it’s seriously time to count your blessings. In an age of technology and gadgets, this is rare. To encourage this trait and to help him enjoy his outdoor activities, try and choose cool birthday presents such as a hover soccer ball or adventurous outdoor exploration kit.
- Inquisitive kid: For an eleven-year-old, who is all about exploring and being inquisitive, consider gifting presents like explosion combustion science kit, LEGO science, and gadget kit, etc. Even gifts like construction building pieces or other DIY might help to satiate his curiosity.
- Mechanical guy: For a kid, who loves to see the dynamics of a working toy or a robot-like toy, you can consider gifting DIY robots or and smart circuit boards. If the kid is into LEGO and mechanics, then this one is for him.
- Loves wheels: An 11-year-old boy is likely to have a love for wheels. Try from a kick scooter or stunt car, which functions with remote control. These cool gifts are likely to keep him entertained for hours.
- Geeky kid: If an indoor eleven-year-old is what you are dealing with, then choose from a range of cool STEM activity kits. A few examples are construction engineering kits that build dump trucks and airplanes, table-top robots, or Engino structures construction and bridges.
- Stylish kid: For kids, who love dressing up to feel cool about their looks, choose from T-shirts, which spells their coolness at the age of 11, or fancy analog wristwatch or a walkie talkie to play to their hearty’s content.
- Crafty boy: Mini Rainbow notes or even any creatively stimulating game, which involves building or creating a structure, will also fascinate an 11-year-old with interest in arts and crafts. Try choosing from the above-mentioned building kits
It’s important you do your research before buying age-appropriate toys and gifts, which are not just cool but also equally popular.
Which gift is your 11-year-old boy likely to love? Let us know in the comment section below.
Disclaimer: MomJunction may earn a commission when products are purchased through affiliate links given in the article. However, this partnership does not influence the editorial content featured in our list.