Dark lips are a problem for many women. These are generally caused due to excessive smoking or exposure to the sun. We often tend to ignore our lips during our daily skincare routine. And the sunscreens that we use also may not help much in taking care of our lips.
One can use organic home remedies or good-quality lip balms to reduce the darkening of the lips. In this post, MomJunction lists the 21 best lip balms for dark lips.
21 Best Lip Balms For Dark Lips
1. 8 Pack Lip Balm Gift Set by Naturistick
- Free of petroleum, gluten, parabens, and other harsh chemicals
- Safe for adults and children across ages
- Comes with four naturally soothing flavors—peppermint, pomegranate, vanilla, and green tea
- Perfect balm for healing dry, chapped, or damaged lips
2. ArtNaturals Natural Lip Balm Beeswax
The ArtNaturals Lip Balm is made of all-natural products and is enriched with antioxidants and vitamins to heal and moisturize the lips. It is an easy-to-carry lip balm and is free of any harmful chemicals.
- Comes in six flavors—island coconut, passion pitaya, mango papaya, hibiscus blossom, grapefruit tonic, and eucalyptus mint
- Combines jojoba, coconut, and sunflower seed oils with natural beeswax to moisturize the lips
- Free of paraben
3. Organic Tinted Lip Balm by Sky Organics
- Comes in four shades, namely shimmer, champagne, plum, and raisin
- Made of organic castor oil, organic beeswax, organic cocoa butter and other organic ingredients that keep the skin moisturized and healthy
- Flavors like peppermint vanilla, plum, and raisins make it a favorite choice for treating dark lips
- Free of gluten, soy, and non-toxic ingredients
- Treats dry, chapped lips too
4. Burt’s Bees 100% Natural Origin Moisturizing Lip Balm
This lip balm for treating dry and dark lips from Burt’s Bees is a refreshing product with minty freshness. It is enriched with 100% natural ingredients.
- Offers moisturizing care with beeswax, Vitamin E and peppermint oil
- Glides on smoothly and helps heal dry lips
- Free of parabens, phthalates, petrolatum, and SLS
5. Burts Bees 100% Natural Tinted Lip Balm
- Available in six different shades, namely zinnia, pink blossom, hibiscus, rose, red dahlia, and sweet violet
- Has a hint of red color with red dahlia tint everyday use
- Shea butter and botanical waxes help moisturize, hydrate, and smoothen dry lips
- Offers a sheer finish and light coverage for natural-looking lips
6. Vaseline Lip Therapy
- Gives a natural, glossy shine to the lips
- Keeps the lips moist and healthy
- Made of pure natural jelly
- Offers long-lasting care and moisturization
- Flavors like rose, cocoa butter, and crème brulee make it a favorite choice amongst women for treating dark lips
7. Dr. Dans CortiBalm Lip Balm
- Reduces inflammation caused by cold sores
- Perfect for chemotherapy patients and people with allergies and sensitive skin
- Blends beeswax, petroleum jelly, mineral oil, and hydrocortisone
- Hypoallergenic and dermatologist-tested lip balm
8. Project Mc2 Create Your Own Lip Balm
The Project Mc2 allows you to mix and create your own lip balm with creativity. You can choose from four different flavous, add shimmer or shine, and use it to treat dry or dark lips. It makes an ideal gift for pre-teen girls.
- Available in natural fruity flavors and can be used to create a multi-layer lip balm
- Allows you to personalize the lip balm with labels and stickers
- Kit includes a wax base, a bag of wax beads, a measuring spoon, a spatula, six sticker labels, five lip balm containers, four flavors, and one lip shimmer
- Helps reduce the darkness of the lips with the perfect blend of natural ingredients
9. Neutrogena Revitalizing and Moisturizing Tinted Lip Balm
The Neutrogena Revitalizing and Moisturizing lip balm has SPF 20 sunscreen to protect your lips against sunburn and reduce dark pigmentation. It is formulated with Ion2Complex that adds moisture and makes lips softer and healthier.
- Improves lip texture with just one week of use
- Has a lightly tinted shade to give a bit of shine and gloss to your lips
- Lessens the effect of sunburns and adds a light tint of color
10. Supergoop! Fusion Lip Balm
- Contains SPF 30 for skin protection
- Formulated with shea butter, honey, and sunflower oil, which lock in moisture and nourishes the lips
- Mint flavor is an added advantage
11. Jane iredale LipDrink Lip Balm
This juicy lip balm by Jane iredale protects your lips from chapping and darkening. It is enriched with the goodness of a variety of waxes and oils to offer your lips long-lasting hydration and sun protection.
- Contains broad-spectrum SPF 15 sunscreen to protect your lips from the harmful rays of the sun
- Antioxidant-rich balm acts as a protective shield
- Refreshing lemon flavor makes you want to use it more frequently
- Leaves your lips fragrant and scented
12. Banana Boat Sport SPF 50 Sunscreen Lip Balm
- Three-way UV protection with AvoTriplex technology helps protect lips from sunburn
- Resistant to water for upto 80 minutes
- Prevents the lips from drying and chapping
- Moisturizing effect lasts long
13. Labello Classic Care Lip Balm
- Formulated with shea butter and panthenol
- Keeps the lips moisturized for upto 12 hours
- Natural ingredients help reduce dark lips
- Protects the skin from UV rays
14. eos Natural & Organic Sphere Lip Balm
- Contains shea butter, coconut oil, and Jojoba seed oil, which naturally moisturize the lips
- Pomegranate raspberry flavor makes it a perfect choice for most women
- Protects the skin from getting dry
- Naturally elevates the dark color of the lips
- Free of parabens, phthalates, and gluten
15. Lip Smacker Cup Lip Balm, Dr Pepper
- Gives a gloss to your lips
- Lightens dark lips after extended usage
- A trusted choice for women who want to use flavored lip balms
- Protects the lips from damage caused by the harsh sun rays
16. Sun Bum Lip Balm
Sun Bum Lip Balm comes with SPF 30 to protect your lips from sunburn and pomegranate flavor to keep your lips smelling fresh. It is enriched with the goodness of cocoa butter, aloe, and vitamin E, which help hydrate and moisturize chapped lips.
- Protects your lips from sunburns
- Hypoallergenic, gluten-free, and cruelty-free
- Reduces dark lip color gradually
- Perfect for people who live on the beach
17. Mario Badescu Rose Lip Balm
- Delicate rose fragrance makes it a choice for many women for softening the lips
- Nutrients, dense butters, and moisturizing oils keep the lips healthy
- Enriched with cocoa butter, almond oil, and antioxidant vitamin E to reduce the dark pigments gradually and prevent the lips from drying
- This balm melts on the lips and renews it
18. eos Super Soft Shea Stick Lip Balm
- Deeply hydrates the lips with shea butter, coconut oil, and jojoba seed oil
- Juicy flavors like strawberry, peach, pineaple, and passion fruit make it a natural choice for many women
- Helps reduce darkening of the lips
- Leaves fruity moisture on the lips
- Free of parabens, phthalates, and gluten
19. Lip Naturals | mini lip balm
Chap Ice Lip Naturals mini lip balm nourishes and hydrates the lips all day long. Formulated with beeswax, sunflower seed oil, castor seed oil, coconut oil, and peppermint oil, it offers complete nourishment to the lip.
- Contains SPF 15 and other natural ingredients to prevent sunburn
- Has vitamin E to provide antioxidants and moisture to the lips
- Comes in a variety of flavors
- Reduces dark lip color when used consistently for long periods.
20. Kind Lips Organic Lip Balm Set
- Organic ingredients like beeswax, coconut oil, olive oil, shea butter, and jojoba seed oil give the softness that your lips need
- Natural ingredients help maintain moisture on your lips
- Protects the lips from sunburn
- Olive oil and shea butter help reduce dark lips
21. Drunk Elephant Lippe Balm
Drunk Elephant Lippe Balm has been enriched with natural ingredients to give you delicate lips and to make your lips look younger and plump again. It helps reduce darkness and keeps the lips hydrated for long.
- Has a blend of avocado, mongongo, marula oils to replenish the lips and get rid of darkness
- Enriched with a rare combination of peptides and sea fern algae to plump up the lips and give an enhanced appearance
- Suitable for sensitive lips
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Do lip balms really work on dark lips?
Lip balms alone do not help in reducing dark lips. Exfoliate and moisturize your lips to permanently reduce dark lips.
2. What are the benefits of lip balms?
Lip balms serve a lot of purposes as they have both cosmetic and therapeutic value. There are various benefits of using lip balms:
- Protect skin from losing moisture
- Provide optimum hydration to lips
- Provide essential nutrients to help reduce dark lips
- Keep lips nourished
- Leave a glossy effect on the lips
3. How do I choose the right lip balm?
When choosing a lip balm, look for the following features:
- Hydration and protection: Lip balms are your best friends in winters. Buy lip balms that keep your delicate lips hydrated, soft, and supple in winters.
- Shine and color: Go for a little glamour and a little shine when choosing lip balms. Also, choose a lip balm that has pleasant a flavor.
- Sun protection: Your lips are sensitive and vulnerable to the sun’s rays. Choose lip balms that have SPF protection to protect your lips from darkening.
- Moisture: Make sure your lip balm keeps your lips well hydrated and provides all the nourishment it needs.
Our comprehensive list of lip balms will help you tackle dark lips and flaunt your natural-looking lips. Use these lip balms to get bright, young, and healthy lips. Which of these lip balms appeals to you? Let us know in the comments section below.
Disclaimer: MomJunction may earn a commission when products are purchased through affiliate links given in the article. However, this partnership does not influence the editorial content featuring in our list.