Contouring allows your cheekbones, nose, and jawline to pop in photos to give your face a defined, sculpted look that can make heads turn. To get the most benefits out of contouring and to do it correctly, you need the right shade of foundation and contour. If you are a beginner or want to try various contouring techniques, then getting the best drugstore contour is the way to go. We at MomJunction have listed the best drugstore contours available, so continue reading to learn more about them.
15 Best Drugstore Contour Products
1. Milani Baked Blush – Luminoso Cruelty-Free Powder Blush
It comes with a shimmery finish and provides the right amount of color and contour to cheeks. It is not tested on animals, hence cruelty-free, and can be easily applied with a brush when contouring the face.
- A good color that does not fade
- Delivers a radiant contour
- Ideal for all skin tones
- Color is more akin to peach
- Stains cheeks for hours
- Looks unnatural upon application
2. Aesthetica Cosmetics Cream Contour And Highlighting Makeup Kit
The contour can be blended to suit a variety of skin tones ranging from fair to dark. It comes with instructions for using the contour and highlights on different face shapes. It contains six shades of cream for contouring – three illuminating shades and three creams/concealer shades.
- Vegan-friendly and cruelty-free
- Colors blend in easily
- Suitable for everyday use and for occasions too
- Improper blending causes problems
- Can feel oily upon application
- May result in blotchy skin
3. NYX Professional Makeup Highlight & Contour Pro Palette
With this contour palette kit that has eight colors, you get professional level highlights and contouring. The colors are creamy and can be blended effortlessly and deliver a matte finish.
- Suits a variety of skin tones
- Colors can be blended to create a shade that best suits you
- Does not have a shimmer finish
- Ideal for regular, daily use
- Cruelty-free cosmetic
- Colors crumble quite easily
- Quality may not be satisfactory
- Circles are loose and may fall out
4. Contour Kit and Highlighting Powder Palette by Elizabeth Mott
Available in six shades and powder form, the shades in this kit offer complete contouring solutions. The powders are designed for easy application and blending, and three shades are ideal for providing highlights.
- Ideal for fair or medium skin tones
- Colors are long-lasting
- Suitable for skin with warm undertones
- Is not waterproof
- Can cause the skin to burn
- Does not have much of pigment
5. e.l.f. Cream Contour Palette, Bronzer, Highlighter & Shader 0.43 oz.
Four shades in this palette make it the best drugstore contour kit, which is vegan-friendly and cruelty-free too. The creamy colors can be built up, blended, and are ideal for a variety of light and dark skin tones.
- Colors blend well
- Lasts long once applied
- Ideal for mature skin
- Free of chemicals such as phthalates, parabens, ethoxylates, nonylphenol, triclocarban, triclosan, and hydroquinone
- Light shades appear ash-colored
- Not enough light shades
- Can be greasy
6. SmashBox Step By Step Contour Kit With Light Medium Brush
This is one of the best drugstore contour makeup kits and comes with a brush. It is ideally suited for light and medium skin tones and can be used to contour, highlight, and bronze your face easily.
- It lasts quite long
- Comes with instructions and is ideal for beginners
- Has a natural feel
- Quantity of each color is small
- Colors are not pigmented sufficiently
- Brush quality may not be up to the mark
7. Profusion Cosmetics Mini Artistry Highlight & Contour I Palette – Light Medium
With this drugstore contour palette that comes with six colors, contouring and highlighting are made easy. You can create the perfect contour for the shape of your face and ensure that it pops in photos.
- Easy for Easily used for contouring
Full coverage concealer
Creamy texture and finishbeginners to use
- Ideal for fair skin tones
- Provides a glow to the skin
- Shimmer portion is not adequate
- The color palette breaks during use
- Has a powdery texture
8. Youngfocus Cosmetics Cream Contour Best 8 Colors Contouring Foundation
An ideal contouring makeup drugstore option, it contains eight colors and is suitable for a variety of skin tones ranging from light and tan to dark. This vegan-friendly product also can be used as a concealer.
- Easily used for contouring
- Full coverage concealer
- Creamy texture and finish
- Leaves an oily residue
- Not ideal for professional use
- Provides a very thin coating
9. Sleek Make Up Face Contour Kit
This two-color contour kit is ideal for light or very light skin tones. It has a highlighter with a light shimmer while the contour ensures the cheekbones and other areas are defined well and standout.
- Perfect for ivory skin tone
- Ideal for everyday use
- Lasts all through the day
- Contour has an orange shade
- May dry out the skin
- Could cause the skin to break out
10. Profusion Cosmetics – Studio Icon Collection Highlight & Contour 6 Color Palette
This highlight and contour palette comes in six colors that provide a luminous shine to the skin. The shade contour features a matte finish, and the colors can be blended as per individual preference.
- Has a good smell
- Provides the face with a good glow
- Ideal for highlighting
- Not enough colors for contour
- Pigment choices are not very good
11. Smashbox The Cali Contour (Shape/Bronze/Glow) Pallet
This palette kit comes with six colors, one of which is a blush with a matte finish. There are three colors ideal for contouring and two that are suitable for highlighting, and these are versatile and blend easily.
- Ideal for summertime
- Perfect for fair/medium skin tones
- Suitable for daily use
- Cruelty-free, and free of parabens, phthalates, and fragrances
- Powders and drips easily
- Color quantity is small
- Does not set well when applied
12. BYS Bronzing Powder Palette – 8 Color Shades
The eight colors make this an ideal contour kit option, as it delivers a tanned glow to the skin and ensures perfect contouring of the face. It is a cruelty-free product and is suitable for various skin tones.
- Nicely pigmented shades
- Glides easily on the skin and blends in quickly
- Eight colors that can be combined for creative outcomes
- Lasts longer than most others
- Colors are not adequate
- Powdery and difficult to blend
- Leaves a chalky residue
13. Ucanbe Face Powder Contour Palette Highlighting Concealing Bronzer Set
With the five colors in this kit, you can conceal blemishes, bronze and also contour and highlight the best features of your face. It is suitable for a variety of skin tones and is hypoallergenic.
- Effective as a concealer
- Blends well together
- Has a mild and pleasing scent
- The darkest shade has a reddish color
- Does not provide a smooth finish
- Does not last long
14. Tinksky 10 Makeup Brushes + 15 Colors Concealer, Highlighting and Contouring Kit
This is one of the best drugstore contour palette kits, as it provides 15 colors of contour and highlights. Also included in the kit are ten brushes of various sizes that are suitable for professional use.
- Give your face a silky shine color that stays all day long
- Can be used to conceal blackheads, blemishes, and dark spots
- Brushes have soft bristles
- Good for experimenting with contouring
- Product is a little oily
- Handles on the brushes fall off
- Small product quantity provided
15. Vodisa 6-Colour Contour Face Powder Kit-Base Foundation Corrector Palette
It has six colors and is designed to ensure easy sculpting and highlighting of facial features. It is suitable for all skin types and delivers a flawless finish.
- Blends well to create various shades
- Ideal for darker skin tones
- Does not leave a cakey residue
- Can be used by both beginners and professionals
- Not sufficient for light skin tones
- Has a plastic-like feel
- Breaks up quite easily
How To Choose The Best Drugstore Contour For Your Needs?
Finding the best contour is essential if you want your face to look natural and not orange-hued or shimmery. With several competing products and drugstore contour kits available in the market, finding one may be a bit tricky. Here, we have outlined what you need to look for when choosing a contour kit.
- If you are a beginner, pick a powder for contouring
Working with powder contour is the best for beginners as it allows easier control. Powders also deliver a light pigment and allow beginners to create a realistic contour even if they use too much.
- Get contour powder or cream that is up to two shades darker
The best contour powder or cream should be up to two shades darker than your skin tone and mimic how shadows appear on your face.
- Do not get orange tones, opt for ash tones instead
Ash tones in contour colors are ideal for those with lighter skin, while orange should be avoided. However, in case your skin has darker tones, opt for dark brown colors with a golden undertone and avoid ashy colors.
- Opt for colors with a matte finish
Even though several contouring colors come with a shimmer finish, most professionals recommend that products with a matte finish be used as they provide a realistic look.
- Using blush is vital after contouring
Always remember to use blush, as it adds the right amount of color to your cheekbones and importantly softens the contouring, making it realistic.
- Mix various products to find what suits you
If you start contouring and find that your dry skin does not look good with powder color, do not hesitate to shift to a cream or liquid-based product, and don’t be afraid to blend products.
Contouring your face to highlight your best features can be an easy way to look gorgeous without having to spend tons of money on injections or surgeries. However, it is important to choose the best product and excel at using it.
What brand of contour do you use? Tell us in the comment section about the best drugstore contour products that you have used.