Gucci perfumes for women need a special mention as the brand meticulously curates the fragrances that are suitable for women of different age groups. In this post, MomJunction gives you a list of the best Gucci Perfumes for Women. Whether you want one for yourself or as a gift for someone special, you are likely to find the right one here.
Read till the end to get some interesting tips on how to choose the right Gucci perfume and the correct way to use the perfume.
13 Best Gucci Perfumes For Women
1. Guilty by Gucci Eau De Toilette Spray for Women
Gucci Guilty is one of the exquisite scents from the brand’s Guilty range of perfumes for women. The Eau de Toilette spray has notes of amber, patchouli, lilac, peach, pink pepper, Mandarin, and Geranium oils. The natural fragrances are fused to create a scent that is bold and embodies fearlessness. The perfume comes in a light peach colored bottle and has base notes of musk, which is usually used in men’s perfumes.
2. Gucci Premiere Eau De Parfum Natural Spray for Women
Released in the year 2012, the Gucci Premiere for women takes its inspiration from the glamorous Hollywood and celebrates the star in every woman. With top notes of blackberry and bergamot, heart notes of orange blossoms and white flowers, and base notes of patchouli and sandalwood, the perfume becomes an aromatic scent for women. It has mixed scents of flowers, fruits, and wood, making it perfect for fragrance-loving ladies.
3. Gucci Rush Eau De Toilette Spray for Women
The Rush Eau De Toilette Spray by Gucci has a spicy, floral fragrance that is irresistible and lingers to leave a trace of the scent wherever you go. The top notes of the fragrance are freesia and gardenia, and heart notes are jasmine, Turkish rose, and coriander, while the base notes are made with patchouli, vanilla, and vetiver. The perfume is presented in a video cassette tape-shaped, bright red box, which is unique in its own way.
4. Gucci Flora Eau De Toilette Spray for Women
Filled in a hexagon-shaped bottle and colorful floral packaging, Gucci Flora is defined as feminine and sensual fragrance. The top notes of the Flora collection are mandarin and peony, while the heart is enriched with the rare Osmanthus flower, pink pepper, and rose. The base notes encompass sandalwood, vanilla, and patchouli. Gucci Flora EDT is available in 1.7 oz (50ml) and 2.5 oz (75ml) variants.
5. Gucci Envy Me Eau De Toilette Spray for Women
Made for the bold, young woman, Envy Me by Gucci has fruity-floral and fresh, musky accords. The Eau De Toilette Spray has all the typical Gucci components and draws enough attention wherever you go. The base notes include sandalwood, teak wood, white musk, and white tea, the heart notes are more fruity with flavors of pineapple, pomegranate, and litchi, while the top notes carry fruity-floral components of mango, peach, pink peony, and pink pepper.
6. Flora by Gucci Eau De Parfum Spray for Women
A long-lasting and strong fragrance from Gucci’s Flora range of perfumes is the Gucci Flora Eau De Parfum Spray. The brand claims that the perfume is intense, rich, and seductive. The EDP spray features a hexagon-shaped glass flacon decorated with a black bow ribbon and gold detailing. Notes include the fresh fragrances of peony, citrus, patchouli, sandalwood, rose, and Osmanthus.
7. Gucci by Gucci Eau De Parfum Spray for Women
Simple yet stronger, Gucci for Women is a basic perfume for women. Composed with a mix of fruity and floral fragrances, the Eau De Parfum was released as the main fragrance for ladies. The notes you will experience include that of orange blossom, vanilla absolutes, heliotrope, orris, cumin, and cistus. Spray it on the lower body to let it rise and last longer throughout the day.
8. Gucci Guilty Black Eau de Toilette Spray for Women
The Gucci Guilty Black Eau de Toilette Spray, specially designed with a mix of floral and spicy scents, is all about thrill-seeking and guilty pleasures. The notes of the Eau de Toilette include red fruit and pink pepper as top notes, lilac, violet and peach and raspberry as heart notes and patchouli and amber as base notes. The combination is what makes the perfume suitable for all age groups and any occasion. It lasts for up to three hours.
9. Gucci Bloom Gocce di Fiori for Women
A creation of Alessandro Michele, the Gucci Bloom perfume was developed to celebrate the diversity, authenticity, and vitality of a woman. For the first time, Gucci has used the Rangoon Creeper, in combination with Jasmine and Tuberose, to create a rich scent. The specialty of the flower lies in its changing color from white to pink to red. Sniff it once, and the perfume will take you to an imaginary garden filled with an abundance of flowers.
The notes of the Gucci Bloom perfume include orange and green notes at the beginning, natural tuberose, jasmine sambac, and Rangoon creeper at heart; orris root, sandalwood, and Rangoon creeper at the base.
10. Gucci Envy Eau De Toilette for Women
Inspired by the scent of vine flowers, Gucci Envy is mainly composed of floral fragrances. It has a burst of colors, making it modern and sensual. A simple sniff of the perfume might give a feel of fresh air. The notes of the Gucci Envy begin with green notes and a cool metal note followed by warm notes of wood and musk. The actual notes in the perfume are lily of the valley, Hyacinthus, magnolia, jasmine, musk, iris, and woods.
11. Gucci No 3 Eau de Toilette for Women
Launched in the 1980s, Gucci No 3 Eau de Toilette is a chypre floral scent for women. The beginning notes in the fragrance include coriander, green leaves, bergamot, aldehydes; the middle notes include jasmine, lily of the valley, orris root, tuberose, narcissus, and rose; while the base notes include musk, oakmoss and others. The perfume, being an Eau de toilette, is a light spray and stays for up to 3-4 hours.
12. Gucci Accenti Eau De Toilette Spray for Women
Gucci Accenti for women is an oriental floral fragrance. It was introduced in 1995. It has typical floral notes including tangerine, jasmine, rose, lily, artemisia, fruity notes including black currant, peach, tangerine, and raspberry and spicy notes like vanilla, patchouli, and clove. The perfume is recommended for daytime use.
13. Gucci Bamboo Eau De Parfum For Women
Designed for the modern women of multifaceted characteristics, Gucci Bamboo is an intense perfume for women of all age groups. It reflects the confidence and femininity in any woman. Made with a combination of floral and woody fragrances, the Eau de Parfum includes citrusy accords of bergamot, floral ylang-ylang, orange blossom, Casablanca lily, sandalwood, amber, and Tahitian vanilla.
How to Choose a Gucci Perfume for Women?
With a wide range of Gucci perfumes, it’s a little difficult to find the best perfume that suits your style. Given below are a few tips that could help you pick one quickly and easily.
- A Gucci scent that matches personality: Gucci offers a variety of scents from floral and fruity to those enriched with spices. Picking one based on that might narrow down your choices.
- For gentle and subtle personalities – Floral scents such as rose, jasmine, lily, lilac, etc.
- For energetic, bubbly, and dynamic personalities – citrus-based fragrances grapefruit, lemon, bergamot, etc.
- For adventure and travel lovers – Cinnamon, vanilla, coriander, and other oriental flavors.
- For mysterious souls – Chypre scents such as patchouli, rose, oak mass, jasmine, etc.
- For sophisticated and sober personalities – Wood scents like sandalwood, cedar, and vetiver.
- A little knowledge about notes: Look at any Gucci perfume’s carton, you will find a variety of fragrances mentioned as notes. After all, the notes are what define the overall scent. Every perfume essentially has three different notes – top, middle/heart, and base notes.
The top note is the strongest fragrance of the three and is the first thing you will smell in a perfume. The top notes dissipate within 15 minutes after application, leaving way to the heart or middle notes. Called the body of the perfume, the middle notes carry a bold fragrance that stays for more time. When it fades, the base notes with some rich and heavy fragrance, stay on you till the end.
Make sure you pick a perfume with notes that you like. Understand that it’s not just about the individual notes but more about how they work together.
- Type of Gucci perfume: Cologne (Eau de cologne), Toilette (Eau de toilette), Perfume (Eau de parfum), and Perfume are some of the common types of perfumes offered by Gucci.
- Cologne is one of the lightest versions with 2-4% perfume mixed in alcohol and water. It usually lasts for about 2 hours.
- Toilette is also a light spray with 5 to 15% of pure perfume dissolved in alcohol. It typically lasts for up to three hours.
- Eau de Parfum contains 15 to 20% of pure perfume and lasts for 5 to 10 hours.
- Perfume is the strongest of all, with about 20 to 30% of pure perfume essence. It’s highly concentrated and expensive of all. A single application might last up to 24 hours.
- Test the scent: The notes and the perfume concentration might be a little confusing until you get a hold. One simple thing you can do finally is to do the sniff test – first, the bottle and then the fragrance.
The very first smell of the bottle gives you the main idea of the perfume. Then try it on your skin. Once the perfume comes in contact with the skin, its smell might change slightly or extremely. Hence, spray a little bit on your wrist, wait for some time, and then smell it. If you like the fragrance, you can pick it. You can also wait for 15-20 minutes to know how the middle notes smell.
- Choosing a Gucci perfume online: If you don’t have time but would like to try a new fragrance by shopping online, the only thing you can do is doing research and reading the reviews of a few popular perfumes from credible sources.
The Dos and Don’ts of Applying Perfume
Many of us might spray the perfume wherever we feel like, while a few others are quite particular about where they use the fragrance on their body. While there is no harm in spraying the perfume wherever you wish, there are certain areas that could enhance the natural fragrance of the perfume.
A few tricks could also help you wear the scent for a long time. Listed below are some practical dos and don’ts of applying perfume.
- A perfume can be used on the body as well as on the clothes.
- The best time to apply perfume is post shower when the body pores are open.
- Moisturized skin holds the essential oils in the perfume better than dry skin does.
- Applying perfume on the pulse points would intensify its fragrance.
- Various pulse points on the body include side and back of the neck, creases of the knees, behind the ear, creases of elbows, and on the inner wrist.
- The pulse points are typically warm and hence slightly warm the perfume activating the scent and making it last longer.
- Avoid rubbing or dabbing the skin once the perfume is applied.
- Using perfume on the wrists would require reapplication as hand washing or sanitizing would rinse off the scent.
- Avoid using the perfumes which have been in use for 12 months. They tend to lose their original fragrance.
- Don’t keep your perfumes in washrooms or bathrooms. The humidity, heat, and light in the room might affect their quality.
- When using the fragrance on your hair, don’t spray it directly, instead spray it on your hairbrush and run it through your hair.
Use these tips to pick and use the best Gucci perfumes for women. If you do not like any that we have listed, visit the Gucci online store to find the best fragrance in 2020.
What’s your favorite Gucci scent? Tell us about it in the comment section below.
Disclaimer: MomJunction may earn a commission when products are purchased through affiliate links given in the article. However, this partnership does not influence the editorial content featuring in our list.